Our sister pub the Pig & Whistle British Pub in Kyoto is celebrating its 30th anniversary this week! Beer discounts all week and special events on Friday and Saturday night.
- ¥300 off most draft beers until December 18th (excluding other discounts)
- Friday Night Live Music: The Slinky Tips on December 16th at 9 PM
- Saturday Night Special Event: Mr. Ginzo Kobayashi, The Pig's most legendary manager, will return for one night only on Saturday, December 17th from 6 PM
Pig & Whistle Drink Specials
- New Guest Beer on Tap: Mc CHOUFFE by Brewery Achouffe: unfiltered brown beer refermented in the barrel!
- Hot Wine ¥700/glass
- ¥100 Off Draft Heineken Pints all month
- Glenmorangie Single Malt Scotch ¥950/shot
- New: KI NO BI Kyoto Dry Gin - Japan's first artisan gin distillery! Learn more here.
Pig & Whistle Winter Food Menu
- Chicken & Bacon Pot Pie ¥1,000
- Churros with Hot Chocolate Dipping Sauce ¥600
- Spanish-style Shrimp & Mushroom Ahijo with bread ¥800
- Spicy Anchovy Cabbage (a staff favorite!) ¥500
- Freshly Made Hokkaido Potato Chips ¥500. You order it, we slice an entire Hokkaido potato, and fry it on the spot! Yum! A staff favorite every fall.
Pig & Whistle Event Schedule (Dec 2016)
*Live music usually starts around 9pm unless noted otherwise.
3rd (Sat) - Live music: Jazz night
11th (Sun) - Kyoto Language Lovers (language exchange event), 5:30pm~, 500yen
12th~18th - 30th Anniversary! Beer discounts and events!
16th (Fri) - Anniversary Day Live Music - The Slinky Tips from 7pm
17th (Sat) - Anniversary Event - Legendary manager Ginzo Kobayashi will return for one night only!
18th (Sun) - Live Sports: Manchester City vs. Arsenal, 11:55pm
23rd (Fri) - Live Music: Yu's Doggy Man - Jazz, soul, funk - from 9pm
24th (Sat) - Christmas Party: Kyoto Language Lovers and Flamingo from 6pm, live music from 9pm
31st (Sat) - New Year's Eve Countdown Party!!!
Man in the Moon