Craft Beer Lovers,
It’s back! The Kyoto Craft Beer Festival 2017 is this Sunday, May 14th! This is a one-day event.The festival features craft beer from craft breweries across Japan. Kyoto brewers include:
- Kyoto Brewing Company
- Kyoto Shuzen Kaido Beer
- Kyoto Ichijoji Brewery
This year the festival is hosting 37 brewers and 190 different beers throughout the day! There will also be live music and tasty food.
What You Need To Know
When: Sunday, May 14th 2017, 12 pm to 6 pm. Last year most of the kegs were empty around 5 pm, so we recommend coming earlier than later. Popular beers and breweries will sell out fast!
Where: Kyoto Sanjo Association Shopping Arcade between Horikawa St. and Senbon St, almost 1 kilometer of craft beer heaven! (see map and transportation below ↓)
Price: Admission is free! Must purchase beer tickets for beer tasting. Food is cash only.
Car & Bicycle Parking: Absolutely NO parking! It’s illegal to drink and drive any type of vehicle in Japan. Please walk or take public transportation.
About Beer Tickets
Advance tickets can be purchased at a discount price before Sunday. ¥2,000 for 6 tickets. You can buy tickets at the Kyoto Sanjo Association Office (075-811-4472), open 2pm to 9pm.
Tickets will cost ¥400 each on the day. Tickets on sale from 11:30 am.
*Note: The number of tickets is limited. Tickets are non-refundable. Last year the tickets were sold out towards the end of the event.
Original Beer Glasses for Kyoto Craft Beer Festival 2017
This year’s beer tasting glass (240ml) can be purchased for 1 beer ticket at Sanjo Omiya Park (where the live music is). Glasses will be on sale from 11:30 am to 5:30 pm or until supplies last. Buy early! Create less waste and take home a nice souvenir!
Live music performances will start at 12 pm at Sanjo Omiya Park, near the east side of the arcade.
Live Music Schedule
- 12:00 〜MITO(DJ)
- 12:30 〜Cocopeliena(アイリッシュ)
- 13:00 〜糸楠ゆっこ(ギター弾き語り)
- 13:30 〜Shinichi Shimomura(DJ)
- 14:00 〜Shinichi Shimomura(DJ)
- 14:30 〜Takalilith(DJ)
- 15:00 〜はたこうじ(津軽三味線)
- 15:30 〜hotaqa(DJ)
- 16:00 〜Ave Covo(ブラジル北東部伝統音楽マラカトゥ)
- 16:30 〜ピスタチオ小西とB.B不二子の市場(エンタメロック)
- 17:00 〜Teshi Tama(DJ)
- 17:30 〜TOMO凸garigari(DJ&belly dance)
Map and Public Transport
There are 5 options for public transportation:
- Kyoto City Subway (Tozai Line): Nijo Castle Mae Station (二条城前駅), 3 min walk south from Exit 3. This is the closest train station.
- Hankyu Train: Omiya Station (大宮駅), 10 min walk north
- JR Train: Nijo Station (二条駅), 10 min walk southeast
- City Bus: 3 bus stops → Shijo Omiya, Senbon Sanjo, Horikawa Sanjo (四条大宮, 千本三条, 堀川三条)
- Keihan Train: Transfer at Sanjo Keihan Station (三条京阪駅) to the subway (↑)
Kyoto Craft Beer Festival Website (English)
Kyoto Craft Beer Festival Website (日本語)
Kyoto Craft Beer Festival on Facebook
Kyoto Craft Beer Festival on Twitter
See you on Sunday,
Man in the Moon
Check out our post & pics from last year's festival! ↓